For over 50 years, Sparkle Week has provided the Lambertville community an opportunity to make the city sparkle. It has evolved from its original purpose of bulk trash pickup into
For over 50 years, Sparkle Week has provided the Lambertville community an opportunity to make the city sparkle. It has evolved from its original purpose of bulk trash pickup into the ultimate recycling and up-cycling event.
Sparkle Week 2019 is scheduled for June 4th – 14th.
ZONE ONE, TUESDAY PICK-UP – JUNE 4
Begins at Church Street and goes south to Route 29, includes Bridge Street, Ferry Street, Swan Street, Mount Hope Street, and Canal Street. It also includes Curley Lane, Grants Alley, and Washington Street.
ZONE TWO, WEDNESDAY PICK-UP – JUNE 5
Includes Cottage Hill, Connaught Hill, and Music Mountain.
ZONE THREE, THURSDAY PICK-UP – JUNE 13
Begins at Church Street and runs north to Delaware Avenue.
ZONE FOUR, FRIDAY PICK-UP – JUNE 14
Begins the north side of Delaware Avenue, runs north to Cherry Street and includes Lamberts Hill and Blair Tract.
1. You can start placing your garbage to the curb the weekend before your scheduled pick-up.
2. You cannot place additional items out once your garbage has been picked up.
3. No building construction debris (sheetrock, large pieces of wood, etc),
4. No concrete, brick or block,
5. No paints or oils of any kind; these may be taken to Hunterdon County. The schedule can be found at the following link: http://co.hunterdon.nj.us/recycling.html
6. Limit two car tires per household,
7. Brush or tree branches must be separated and bundled and nothing larger than 4 inches by diameter,
8. Used clothing must be separated.
About Sparkle Week
Sparkle Week provides residents with the opportunity to recycle electronics, furniture, car tires and other items that are too large for regular pick-up.
Sparkle Week predates the 1960s, when Lambertville residents would put out their bulk trash in events dubbed “Operation Sparkle.” Over time, it has become a community-wide event, with residents and visitors claiming discarded items that may still have usable life.
Spanning more than 50 years, Sparkle Week has grown from just being a bulk-trash pickup into the ultimate recycling and ‘up-cycling’ event.
The City partners with Goodwill to pick up and recycle electronics, furniture, and other items in resale condition.
(Friday) 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Bridge Street, Lambertville, New Jersey 08530