Halloween has passed, the leaves are changing colors, and the clocks set back.
The Holiday Season is on the horizon throughout the Delaware River Towns.
It will not be long before the cornucopia is placed on the Thanksgiving Table! Christmas Trees soon decorated and kids out of school for winter break.
We believe it is the perfect time to embrace the magic of the season and to give back to our community.
Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded”. He understood the importance of helping make a difference for others and so we.
Five reasons we think everyone should give what they can this holiday season:
- Make an Impact. Be the change you want to see. Watch your efforts directly impact a cause that inspires you.
- Strengthened Community. Enhance your own life and your fellow residents by taking an interest in where you live, work, and play. An active community creates a healthier, safer experience for all members.
- Promote Empathy & Generosity. Giving and taking an interest in local causes will help promote empathy, understanding, and generosity throughout the family, your company or circle of friends.
- Experience more Pleasure. Researchers at the National Institutes of Health determined that donating to charitable causes activated the pleasure centers of the brain.
- It Feels Good. Knowing you are making a difference feels pretty darn good.
This article will be the first of a three-part series illustrating why and how we can make a difference throughout the Delaware River Towns. Next, we will publish local volunteering opportunities throughout the area. Your participation will create a positive impact on our community.
The third and final installment will highlight local organizations collecting goods or monetary donations to improve the lives of our neighbors.
Please check back in the upcoming weeks to help make the Delaware River Towns even stronger!